The hugest cohort to pass through American society is turning 65 at a rate of 10,000 per day! They are the baby boom generation, and most know that remaining active is critical to wellbeing. Chair yoga offers an opportunity for older adults to remain physically active and also creates the all-important sangha (community) to maintain a sense of belonging.
For yoga instructors, chair yoga is a growth opportunity! Many senior centers and facilities are in need of teachers, as are community centers and churches. Even businesses interested in lunchtime yoga may be best suited to a 45-minute chair yoga class.
Whatever the situation, Restful Mountain Chair Yoga Teacher Training prepares yoga instructors to teach this growing style of yoga.
- Routines that promote joint freedom, fascial release, strength, healthy breathing, and balance
- Sequences that move seamlessly from the chair to standing to reclined work with modifications for students who do not get down on the floor
- Research on healthy aging and best practices for working with students 60+ and therapeutic students of all ages
- Instructions on sharing yogic philosophy with students in a way that is helpful and healing for daily living
- Information on setting up a chair yoga class, cultivating your clientele, and promoting a sense of compassion and community within the group
The training is structured in two segments so students can complete a case study in between for learning. The workshop provides 16.5 hours of continuing education.
Anne worked with her mentor Peggy Cappy, author of Yoga for All of Us, who leads trainings in teaching yoga to adults 50+. Anne also has a Masters in Social Work with a Certificate in Gerontology from the University of Pittsburgh. She was executive director of a non-profit agency working with senior citizens for six years in Pittsburgh.
2020 Restful Mountain Chair Yoga Teacher Training
8646 Mentor Ave.
Mentor, OH 44060
Sat. & Sun., April 25-26, 2020, both days 9am–4pm
Sat., June 13, 2020 from 12-4pm
This workshop provides 16.5 hours of continuing education credits.
$450; sign up here!